SV-2 Stage Vintage Keyboard
From vintage keys to acoustic pianos, classic synths to orchestral instruments, SV-2 is a performance keyboard that sounds and looks as good as its weighted keyboard feels to play. Truly an evolution of a modern classic, SV-2 builds on the acclaimed SV-1 with more sounds, more memory, more presets, and more control.
Also available as SV-2S, including incredible on-board speakers.
The Evolution of a Modern Classic
Never before has a single instrument captured the signature sound, the unique performance experience, and the aesthetic satisfaction of so many definitive keyboards as the Korg SV-2 Stage Vintage.
Ten years ago, Korg launched the Stage Vintage line to wild acclaim. The combination of an intuitive live panel, the premier keybed, the ultimate realisation of coveted vintage sounds, the clarity of world-class pianos, the warmth and character of period-proper effects, and the distinctively smooth shape has inspired musicians from around the globe for over a decade. Available with either 88 keys or 73 keys, these SV-2 models are the latest additions to the Stage Vintage series, featuring more of everything that makes an SV great. More Sounds. More Memory. More Polyphony. More Presets. More Control. It is quite literally everything one could want in a performance stage piano … and more. Plus, be sure to check out the SV-2S models, equipped with an internal K-ARRAY speaker system.
More. More. More.
The SV-2 contains over ten times the sample data available in previous SV models, providing ample memory for many all-new piano and keyboard sounds. The SV-2 is home to 72 compelling sounds, and provides 64 memory locations to store edited Favourites for instant access during performance. Using the SV-2 Editor software, users are now free to create their own split and layered programs and save them to one of the Favourites locations. In fact, a single favourite can access up to three timbres at once – A piano/bass split with a layer of strings, for example. While user splits must be created using the SV-2 Editor, the split point on the keyboard can be adjusted directly from the front panel. Plus, polyphony of the SV-2 now stands at 128 voices, allowing more effective layering of sounds or sustained chording.
Faithful Sound Reproduction
The SV-2 represents the pinnacle of audio sampling techniques and careful instrument preparation, delivering the most exacting and accurate rendition of so many keyboard classics. Using only the best-maintained instruments and the latest multi-mic’ing methods, every sound has been captured as precisely as possible. The slap of the tine, the release of the hammer, the click of the contacts—every element is amazingly preserved in the RX Layer; mix in as much or as little of these authentic artefacts as you need. In addition, the full dynamic range of each instrument has been faithfully preserved, recreating all of the timbral and volume changes generated from a ppp (pianississimo) touch to an fff (fortississimo) strike – and everything in between. This detailed sampling regime creates a three-dimensional sense of presence, allowing the sound to fully occupy its place in the mix or in the performance space.
Experience a treasure trove of classic electro-mechanical, transistorised, tape-driven, analog, and digital keyboard instruments, all reproduced with stunning realism. These sounds defined decades of popular music, and are now once again in demand. The SV-2 places all of these sought-after sounds right at the fingertips – in perfect tune and in impeccable playing condition – no maintenance required. It’s all here. Electric pianos now include nearly all the American tine and reed models, a Japanese electric grand, as well as a rare German electric piano. And then there all those clavis, created using a range of settings. Prefer electronic pianos? There are analog, digital, VPM, FM, and sampled versions – including the ever-popular Korg M1 piano. Looking for Organs? Select from tone-wheel classics; VOX combo, Italian transistor, or American tube organs; and now church and cathedral organs. Need some strings? Choose from a 70s-era analog string machine, prog-era tape strings, or a warm orchestral section. Plus, the SV-2 contains mallets, brass and choir sounds, guitar and bass sounds, even solo and pad synths that are ideal for layering or creating convenient splits.
Plenty of Pianos
The SV-2 remains, at heart, a stage piano. At the touch of a button, you can summon the most outstanding grand piano sounds from around the world – including exemplary pianos from the leading German, Italian, Austrian, and Japanese instrument makers. For a more intimate setting, choose one of the authentic Japanese or German upright pianos. Also included are a real honky-tonk piano and a genuine “tack” piano. Last but not least, the SV-2 contains two gorgeous harpsichords, one French and one Italian. Featured alone, layered with another sound, or split across the keyboard, these outstanding piano sounds deliver a strong foundation while delivering additional performance options.
The SV-2 invites you to take command of your sound. There is no LCD screen, no menus to dive through. Instantly inviting and familiar, the front panel is always live, so go ahead – grab a knob, rotate it, tweak it, and experiment. Change your mind? Pressing in on the knob quickly restores it to the programmed value. Switches with LED indicators show which effects are active, transposition, and more. Sounds are selected through a pair of rotary switches. Eight illuminated buttons in the centre of the panel can quickly recall any of 64 Favourite presets, each containing your own customised sounds and settings. Best of all, the SV-2 now offers a Panel Lock function that prevents the accidental switching of sounds if the Favourites buttons are inadvertently touched while performing – and also prevents curious fingers from switching settings between sets. More detailed and convenient control is offered via the free SV-2 Editor software.
Agility and Expression
All SV-2 Stage Vintage instruments share the finest Korg RH3 graded-hammer action keybed. As on a grand piano, the weighting of the keys is graduated across the keyboard; heavier in the lower registers and becoming lighter in the upper registers. This RH3 keybed is remarkably sensitive to the nuances of every performance, accurately delivering every expressive element. Selecting one of the eight distinct velocity curves allow the keyboard response to match any playing technique of performance style. Authentic to the end, the SV-2 offers eight tuning schemes including equal, grand piano stretch, electric piano stretch, electric grand, upright stretch, detuned and two user-definable types (configurable using the free SV-2 Editor). The overall tuning, or concert pitch, of the SV-2 can be adjusted to match another instrument or a previously recorded track. Needless to say, the SV-2 can be transposed into any key.
Making it Real
Adding the right effects provides layers of sonic splendour and adds a crowning level of authority to any vintage keyboard sound. The SV-2 features six independent stages of studio-grade signal processing, highlighted by the Korg Valve Reactor. This Valve Reactor circuit delivers the added warmth or snarl that only a true 12AX7A vacuum tube can provide. As with the sounds themselves, all of the effect models are faithful to the originals and are designed to match the performance, limitations, and behaviour of the chosen effect. Effect stages include:
- 3-BAND EQUALIZER (Bass, Middle and Treble)
- PRE FX (Red Compressor, Treble Boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VOX Wah)
- AMP MODEL (Clean, Twin, Tweed, AC30, Boutique, Organ, plus several types of Cabinet Simulators and Noise Reduction)
- MODULATION FX (Classic Chorus, Black Chorus, Orange Phaser, Small Phaser, MX Flanger, Rotary)
- REVERB/DELAY (Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo and Stereo Delay)
- TOTAL FX (Stereo Mastering Limiter, Stereo Limiter)
Easy to use and simple to control, these period-accurate effects and amp models add authenticity to your vintage and modern sonic pursuits.
The SV-2 is host to all the audio jacks, data connections, and pedal ports that today’s professional stage pianos require. In addition to the Left and Right 1/4" audio outputs, there are Left and Right XLR outputs for connecting directly to a studio console or onstage snake, without requiring any direct boxes or impedance matching transformers. The headphone output allows for onstage monitoring or for rehearsing in private. Din-style MIDI IN and MIDI Out jacks connect easily to other MIDI instruments and music equipment; the USB port provides a data link between the SV-2 and a computer.
There are 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2. The DS-2H Damper pedal is included and responds to half-pedalling for an authentic piano response. Pedal 1 is designed for a switch type of pedal and can operate as a piano Sostenuto pedal, or as a Fast/Slow switch when the Rotary Pro effect is on. Pedal 2 can accept either a sweep-type pedal – great for authentic Wah effects and accurate organ volume control – or an additional switch pedal, providing the piano purist with access to all three piano pedal functions by adding the Una Chorda (soft) function.
Free SV-2 Editor
Despite the wealth of on-board SV-2 features, the SV-2 Editor provides a convenient and detailed pathway to editing, organising, cataloging, and storing edited sounds as Favourites for the SV-2. In addition, the SV-2 Editor offers access to hundreds of other sounds that are not immediately available from the control panel. The SV-2 Editor also makes it easy to set up customised split and/or layered Favourites and save them into memory. Additional SV-2 libraries released by Korg can be loaded using the SV-2 Editor to renew your personal sound catalog. Also, you are free to exchange sounds with other fellow users.
- SV-2 /SV-2S (73key)
- 73 keys (E1 to E7), Velocity-sensitive KORG RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- SV-2 /SV-2S (88key)
- 88 keys (A0 to C8), Velocity-sensitive KORG RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- Touch selection
- Eight curves
- Master Transpose, Master Tune, Tuning curves
- Sound generation
- EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis - eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 notes
- Multi Sound
- Layer, Split
- Factory Sounds
- 72 (6 Basic sounds x 2 sets, 6 variations)
- EP1 (Vintage)
- MK I Suitcase, MK I Stage, MK II Suitcase, MK II Stage, MK V Stage, MK V Bright, Dyno EP, Dyno EP Bright, Wurly, Wurly Classic, Wurly Dark, Wurly Bright
- EP2 (Various)
- FM Piano 1, FM Piano 2, FM Piano 3, FM Piano & Pad, Pianet T, Pianet N, Hybrid Piano, Hybrid Tine, Wurly & Strings, FM & Strings, MK II & Pad, FM & Pad
- Piano 1 (Acoustic)
- German Grand, German Classic, Italian Grand, Italian Bright, Japanese Grand, Japanese Bright, Austrian Grand, Austrian Classic, Japanese Upright, Upright Bright, German Upright, Rock Piano
- Piano 2 (Various)
- Electric Grand, German Mono, KORG M1 Piano, KORG SG-1D, Digital Piano, Electra Piano, Tack Piano, Honky-Tonk, Piano & Strings, Piano & Pad, Piano & Synth, Piano & Brass
- Clav AC, Clav AD, Clav BC, Clav BD, Harpsichord, Harpsichord Oct, Perc. Organ, Rock Organ, Jazz Organ, VOX Organ, Church Organ, Pipe Organ
- Full Strings, Classic Strings, Tape Strings, Strings & Voices, Warm Pad, Bright Pad, Orchestra, Pizzicato & Glock, Brass, Synth Brass, Pad/Mini Lead, Pad/SynthLead
- Favourite sounds
- 64 (8 banks x 8 variations) for saving of customised settings
- 6 effects (5 effects + 1 total effect)
- Bass, Mid, Treble
- Pre FX
- Red Comp, Treble Boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VOX Wah (Auto or Pedal control)
- Amplifier models
- Clean, Twin, Tweed, AC30, Boutique, Organ Amp + Cabinet Models, Valve Reactor Technology – 12AX7 (ECC83) valve
- Classic Chorus, Black Chorus, Orange Phaser, Small Phaser, MX Flanger, Rotary (Slow/Fast control)
- Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo, Stereo Delay (Tap tempo)
- Total FX (only editable with SV-2 Editor)
- Stereo Mastering Limiter, Stereo Limiter
- Sound Select
- TYPE knob, VARIATION knob, FAVORITES 1–8 switches
- Favourite Sound select
- 1–8 switches, SOUND TYPE knob
- Effect Control
- Equalizer: On/Off switch, BASS knob, MID knob, TREBLE knob
- Pre FX
- On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, AUTO/PEDAL switch (available when the TYPE = Vox Wah)
- On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DRIVE knob
- On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, Slow/Fast switch (available when the TYPE = Rotary.)
- On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DEPTH knob, Tap (available when TYPE = Stereo Delay)
- Master Volume
- Transpose, Local Off, Touch, Function
- Demo Songs
- 72 songs (one song for each preset sound)
- Audio Output
- L, R connector (XLR balanced), L/MONO jack, R/MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced)
- Headphone jack（6.3 mm [1/4”] stereo jack)
- Audio Input
- L/MONO jack, R/MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced)
- IN, OUT
- USB: 2.0 Type B connector (doubles the MIDI Interface)
- Damper Pedal
- KORG DS-2H (included), DS-1H(sold separately)
- Pedal 1
- PS-1 foot switch, PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- Pedal 2
- Volume/Expression, XVP-20, EXP-2, PS-1 foot switch, PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- 2 x 2.5" with 2 x 3" passive radiator
- Amplification power
- 2 x 15 W
- Power Supply
- Internal switching adapter, AC 100~240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption
- 16 W
- 25 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H, excluding music stand):
- SV-2／SV-2S (73key)
- 1143 mm x 347 mm x 157 mm/45.0" x 13.66" x 6.18"
- SV-2／2V-2S (88key)
- 1356 mm x 347 mm x 157 mm/53.39" x 13.66" x 6.18"
- Weight (excluding music stand)
- SV-2 73key
- 17.2 kg/37.92 lbs
- SV-2 88key
- 20.35 kg/44.86 lbs
- SV-2S 73key
- 18.3 kg/40.34 lbs
- SV-2S 88key
- 21.45 kg/47.29 lbs
- Included Items
- Power cable, Music stand, DS-2H damper pedal, Quick Guide.
- Accessories (sold separately)
- ST-SV1 piano stand
- Carrying bag
- CB-SV1 73
- Damper pedal
- EXP/VOL pedal
- Foot controller
- Pedal switch
All new products are sold with a 3-year manufacturer warranty when bought direct from Korg UK.
Certified Refurbished products also come with a warranty, for more information find out more about our certified refurbished products.
We offer a 30-day returns period on all products purchased directly from Korg UK. More details can be found in our return policy.